i missed our 6 year arrival in thailand anniversary – or rather i missed documenting it – so i’m taking a better late than never attitude.
what changed during our 6th year here?
- we’ve goodbye-d our oldest. i know i’ve documented this already, but it was our biggest change this year so what’s one more mention. both michael and i have managed to see him – i went to dallas right before thanksgiving to attend a crossfit kids certification course (which was conveniently located pretty close to where chan’s attending college) and michael had a grad school class to take in texas that occurred during chan’s winter break.
- michael started grad school.
- aly started 11th grade. it sort of feels like it’s the beginning of the end of high school for her. college talk and plans that involve the great big world outside of chiang mai make me uneasy, but at the same time it’s so exciting!
- sam started high school. something about that makes me feel so old. and he’s now 1/2 a head taller than me. (1/2 a head is a legit measurement term.)
- i did not start school. i even took a year off from involvement at the kids’ school. i don’t know if this is the kind of thing that is frowned upon, but it’s been very good for me and the school seems to be functioning just fine – or maybe better – without me.
those are the big things. i’m sure there are many day to day things or even monumental things that i’ve temporarily forgotten. like the trip michael and the kids took to singapore, or the adventure race i ran, the construction job that is happening in our side yard, etc, etc…
we’ve recently gotten our visas extended so we know we’re good for at least one more year (many more we hope).